The society of surgeons of Nepal offers membership to only those surgeons registered with Nepal Medical Council and practicing in Nepal who agree without compromise to practice by the professional and ethical standards of the society.
The Executive board investigates the application before granting membership. It reserves the right to grant grant membership according the constitution of the society and can deny membership if the criteria is not met. It also reserves the right to nullify the membership in case of fraudulent activities or criminal offense.
Applicants are required to have the following qualifications:
- Higher secondary school or equivalent
- Intermediate level or equivalent
- MBBS or equivalent from institute recognized by the Nepal Medical council
- MS, FCPS, FRCS or PhD from institutes recognized by Nepal Medical council
- Fellowships from institutes recognized by Nepal Medical council
- MS in General Surgery from an institute recognized by the Nepal Medical Council
- MS in surgical sub-speciality from an institute recognized by the Nepal Medical Council
- Fellowship in surgery or surgical sub-speciality from an institute recognized by the Nepal Medical Council (FCPS, FRCS etc.)
- Residents in surgery (MS, FCPS etc)
Should submit a letter of recommendation from the Department