The following abstract submission policies will be firmly enforced:
• Previously Presented Abstracts:
No abstracts may be submitted that have been previously presented at a regional, national, or international meeting. Abstracts that have been presented locally (institutional or departmental programs) will be considered. If the abstract has been previously presented locally, where and when it was presented must be disclosed during the abstract submission process
• No Previously Published Submission:
The abstract submitted must present original work that has not and will not be published prior to the SSN conference.
• No Dual Submissions:
The abstract must not have been submitted to any other upcoming regional, national, or international meeting.
• No Previously Presented Data:
All abstracts must be new and original content OR include at least 50% new data if previously presented at a meeting (unless presented locally as described above).
• There is a 250-word limit for abstracts (not including titles and authors).
• Preference will be given to SSN members and associate for presentation at the conference.
- Residents in surgery and young graduates who have completed their residency within the last 5 years till the date of submission of abstract will be eligible for this category.
They should be free papers with full text. These papers will be published in the Journal of Society of Surgeons of Nepal (JSSN) after Peer review. Those selected for award session will be asked to submit full manuscripts (as per requirements of JSSN to permit critical appraisal by judges. Covering letter to be signed by all authors. Presenting author of award paper should be first author of the paper.
Upper age limit of presenting author 40 years (as on the last day of submission).
Faculty for CME and Conference Preference to be given to SSN members
Please prepare your poster presentation in accordance with the below specifications before submitting your Poster.
• Poster Size: 90 cm x 120 cm (36 inch x 48 inch )
• Format: FLEX CHART or POSTER or COLOR PHOTO
• Font type: Please use Times New Roman, Helvetica, Arial, Calibri, Verdana, or Symbol.
• Font size: The font size should be 14pt or bigger.
• Images and Tables:
o You are welcome to use images and tables in your presentation
o All graphs and tables must have descriptions and should be mentioned in the text as well
o Be careful to respect copyright and personal anonymity with your images or photos
The posters will be assessed by the Judges. Best posters will be awarded at the end of the conference.
The presenter should be present at the poster room at the specified date and time.
Time and schedule will be finalized after submission deadline closes.
Submit the file in a JPEG, or PDF format too.
- The files should be submitted in .doc or .docs format. Files submitted in .pdf, .zip, .com will not be accepted.
- Arial font size 12 should be used in manuscript. Texts should be typed in double space, margin 25 mm and page number should begin from title page bottom right side.
- When starting a sentence with a number, please spell the number. For e.g. “Seventy one percent of subjects had…”
- Single digit numbers should be spelled out. For e.g. “..was found in two percent..”.
- When using drug names, generic names should be used. Trade names are not allowed.
- Please do not write in contractions. For e.g. write “do not” instead of “don’t”.
Abstract with keywords
Abstract must contain be in a structured format.
- Introduction: state why the study was done, the main aim and the nature of the study (randomized clinical trial, retrospective review, experimental study, etc.).
- Methods: describe patients, laboratory material and other methods used.
- Results: state the main findings, including important numerical values.
- Conclusion: state the main conclusions, highlighting controversial or unexpected observations.
Provide 3 to 6 keywords in alphabetical orders separated buy semicolons. Use words listed in MeSH index.
No abstract will be accepted if
- Received after last date of submission (with late fee of Rs 500/- , 1 week there of)
- Not in standard format.
Time slot allocated
- Guest lectures: 20 mins
- Free Papers: 10 min (8+2)
- Posters Display whole day, discussion during Lunch
- Award Papers 10 to 15 min (10+5) x maximum of 6 papers
- Case Capsules 20 min x 3 = 60 min Presenter +2-3 discussants
- Panel Discussion 60 min